Thursday, October 12, 2006

Here We Go Again....

So today was one of those days you reflect on times of the past. You know, the days where you think "What if I would have done this instead of that" I have been doing that alot here recently.

I know the things that are contributing to this, but I will keep them to myself for now. This will all be revealed in due time. Until then the reason must remain a mystery.

On another note, I'm going back home this weekend. It is always weird when I go back home. The "Nothing has changed but me" scenario. All my childhood friends are still doing the same shit and living the same lives. I guess if that makes you content then who am I to judge right?

Anyway, I am making the trip, not only to see my family, but also to go to the state fair. I remember being younger the fair was always this event we waited for every year. We even had a day off from school to go to it. It was like the Six Flags for poor people. You would watch the older "Bad-Asses" ride these rides designed to make you puke on your girl, and lose all hope of even a hand-job on the way home. Yet, all you could think was if I ride the "Pukenator 3000" I'll be as cool as him. Slowly but surely all your friends drag you down to Pussville with them to hide their own fears until you get on the damn ride. Especially if there are girls involved. Who wants to be the puss holding the men's shit, while they ride, standing beside the other girls who won't ride anything but the swings and the Ferris Wheel.

So, I became the one guy who would ride anything and everything no questions asked. The girls lined up to hold my shit......Not really but I still looked cool anyway. As I got older I started to realize how completely stupid it is to look at something and think "That is going to make me sick" and then immediately stand in line for 30 minutes to ride it. Either that means I am a little wiser or I'm just getting old. Either way I'll be chewing on turkey legs, eating cotton candy and sausages on a stick while I look at new cars and expensive toys, that I can't afford. Although I somehow manage to find a way to get them anyway. I may get on the Ferris Wheel with my wife or the Scrambler so I can squish my brother, but my days of riding "The Pukenator 3000" are over my friend.No more picking what's safe to eat, and what you know will come back up. No more wondering if I even ate that at all.

So if you happen to be in Perry, GA, at the fair, stop by and say hello. I'll be slamming down caramel apples and virgin daiquiris by the buildings that smell like cow shit. The tricky thing is they all smell like cow shit......See ya there....

Knuckle It....I'm Out!

No comments: